Thursday, October 18, 2012

Never thought this day would come....

Well it finally happened today, I watched the new offering from Die Antwoord and I am completely hooked on this madness. Initially, I refused to succumb to yet about over-hyped scene trend (ala fixed gears); therefore, I have never once listened to a Die Antwoord song, ever. Today, however, "Fatty Boom Boom" caught my eye, mostly because I recognized the title as a Jamaican phrase for girls with fat asses or just overweight people in general(in context). I decided to push play and I was immediately casted in a world of visual and lyrical madness. Everything about this video is amazing; the make-up and costumes, the vibrant choice of the colors, the penis docta, and even the haunting rap howls of Yo-Landi Vi$$er. Numerous people have told me over the past couple years, that I would be really into these guys but I could not deal with the fact that EVERYONE was constantly blabbering on and on about them and following each band fact or just the name alone with "OOOOOHHH...IT'S SOOO GOOOODD.. OMG!" Fuck outta here, with that bullshit. Either way, I am glad that I waited for the hype to simmer because I was finally able to give them a fair chance. I suggest you do the same if you are into the weird and unusual, like me.